We bought a couple of these NOMINELL chairs two years ago for our home office. We thought it was the best choice in terms of looks price and comfort. I seat on my work chair 8 hours a day so comfort is a must. Alternatives included the JULES (I didn’t feel like I could sit on one of these for more than a couple hours a day), the SVENNING (yuk!), etc.
So after a couple years of intensive use I can tell you this:
- The fabric it is made of is really tough. Our cat is climbing up and sharpening her claws on it all the time, yet it doesn’t have a single scratch or mark.
- The base spins very smoothly.
- The wheels don’t get stuck with dust and hair. This happened a lot with our previous chairs and we had to clean them every now and then.
- The arms get dirty easily and are hard to clean. If the fabric was kitty proof, the arms aren’t, mine are full of nibble holes and scratches.
- The base squeaks a little when you move.
- The hydraulic system fails sometimes and lifts up a little bit overnight.
Despite a couple tiny problems like the squeaking this is a pretty good chair and we’re happy with them. Ratings below: